2.16.2009

i am for art.

I am for an art that
provokes + confuses
art that is hidden
found by few
golden flecks of an apple skin
golden freckles of human skin
glisten of rain
shadows on a wall
transient
invisible

I am for an art that
is uncomfortable + unexpected
art that silently screams
art that compels you to see
as if you'd never seen before
art that makes a portrait
not a person but a story
art that turns a shape into
an idea and a color into
a fairy-tale

I am for an art that
makes you sigh + reflect
art that roams the countryside
purposeless ambivalent
yet full of meaning
redeemed and saved
from destruction
given life and a new voice
art that whispers the thoughts
we didn't know we had

I am for art.

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful---it really leaves me speechless. I'm just going to highlight a couple of phrase that really stood out to me.

    golden flecks of an apple skin
    golden freckles of human skin
    (awesome imagery)

    art that makes a portrait
    not a person but a story
    (this just makes me think...how do we tell the story?)

    art that whispers the thoughts
    we didn't know we had
    (this resounds with me/ I feel like art is the gateway to so many things)

    ReplyDelete