5.25.2009

face paint: one


Last Saturday I volunteered at the Broad Ripple Art Fair at the Indy Art Center. I was assigned to the Kids' tent and ended up painting faces for 3 hours. Soo wonderful! The children were adorable and completely mesmerized by the whole process of face painting. I asked questions while painting (what color should the cat's stripes be? do you have any cats? what's your cat's name?). . . some of the kids answered cautiously so they would not move and mess up the paint - others simply wiggled the entire time, distracted by the sand art table or wonderfully excited to tell me all about Fluffy and why the cat should have pink stripes. . .

This set of pieces is inspired by some of the designs that I painted on cute chubby cheeks at the art fair : )

No comments:

Post a Comment